Qur’an Reading and Memorisation
At Al Madina we aim to expose the students to the recitation of the Qur’an with, understanding, recitation, correct pronunciation and memorisation of a portion of the Qur’an, which will be part of the daily school curriculum.
This will be achieved through daily exposure of 40 minutes of a Qur’an class comprising of recitation and memorization.
We will steadily develop both: the child’s ability to read the Qur’an, by starting from Qaida Nooraniyah, as well as memorization of a portion of the Qur’an daily, through repetition, listening and various interactive activities. This will give them a firm foundation to develop confidence in reading and will instil in them the correct methods of memorizing the Qur’an.
To facilitate this, we will only recruit teachers with qualifications in Tajweed who have memorized a good portion of the Qur’an. They will also be trained on techniques used for teaching KG children to ensure that the children enjoy the process of learning and, at the same time, are only exposed to accurate pronunciation and recitation.
Our aim is to help the students recite correctly and memorize the 30th Juz of the Qur’an. We will also be encouraging every individual to develop an understanding for the Qur’an.
Students will aim to memorize half of the 30th Juz from Surah Al Fajr to Surah An Naas as well as Surah al Faatihah by the end of the year.
Students will memorize the 30th Juz from Surah An Naba to Surah An Naas Technique of memorisation:
- Students will begin the class by revising a few Surahs previously memorized as a group. A plan will be set such that students revise Surahs that they have recently memorized as well as those that are part of old revision.
- Students will then be given a quick understanding of the new Surah that they will begin to memorize.
- Following this, the students will memorize their new assignment by way of listening, repetition and activities which will be encouraged in order to increase their ability to connect with and memorize the ayahs.
- The final part of the class will be allotted to the Qaidah Nooraniyyah whereby students can recognize letters and be taught reading skills.
- All of the activities used during this session will ensure that the young students maintain only positive associations with the Qur’an and their creator