Halaqa Time / Circle Time
During Halaqah (circle time), we teach humility in order to generate a spiritual atmosphere among our students. At Al Madina International Kindergarten, the Halaqah is conducted daily from 7.30 am to 7.50 am. Children and their teachers sit in a circle on the carpeted floor and begin and end with the Islamic greeting and du’a or recitation of the Qur’an. Sitting on the floor or a carpet generates an atmosphere of spirituality and developing a relationship with each other and with Allah (SWT) as children are reminded of the hadith that angels encircle any gathering of remembrance of Allah (SWT).
The aims and objectives of this curriculum are:
- To provide children with the appropriate knowledge of Islam.
- Develop the behaviours, values and characters of the children.
- Provide structured and stimulating lesson and activities.
- To demonstrate an understanding our role and responsibilities as citizens who contribute to society in positive and Islamic ways.
- Moulding the behaviour of the individual child in accordance with Islam and submission to the will of Allah (SWT).
Through the implementation of this Curriculum we hope to have a reflection of the Islamic ethos within the Daily routine of our Kindergarten.